Pages

Thursday, 2 September 2010

indian summer?

Wowee, so inexplicably the sun's come out to play in Glasgow again... throwing a spanner in the works as far as all my outfit plans are concerned.




dress, waistcoat, necklace & belt, h&m; parka, primark; shoes, topshop; bag, vintage.


Y'know, in my post-Provence life I'd been finding it a little difficult to give up on the bare legs. I spent last autumn clinging to them resolutely, and in the spring I whipped them out at the first ray of sunshine... gleefully ignoring the shouts of, "Hééé, tu n'as pas froid?!" from sleazy French men ("Non monsieur, je viens de l'Ecosse"). But finally, FINALLY, I was getting excited about the prospect of donning tights and knitwear. Oh Scottish weather, forever thwarting my plans (not usually in this direction, admittedly). So this is what I'm going to wear, one day when normal service has resumed. I am forever grateful to Blair for pointing out another Primark item worth looking for, in the shape of this cardigan. Seeing as my general thoughts on Primark can be summed up by: Can't. Be. Arsed.


cardigan, shirt & shoes, primark; skirt, topshop.

P.S. You can follow my blog with bloglovin', if you're that way inclined...

Follow you should pull up your socks, girl

15 comments:

  1. Oh gosh love both these outfits! That cardigan is lovely. I need more camel colours in my wardrobe.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ahhh abso LOVE both of these :D especially the shoes in both and colour combo in the second!!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the first outfit!!!!
    check out my giveaway!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I know I sound like a broken record but you look AMAZING. I have that cardi in cream but think I think I might go back for the other colour.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey! I'm new on Blogspot, but i'm open for every opinion!! ;)
    Fashion lover ? Maybe you're gonna like my blog.
    See ya ?
    xoxo.
    D-May.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Both these outfits are amazing, I totally agree with the usual primark avoidance, but I've been seeing a few things on blogs recently, so think I might have to bite the bullet and go in! Also, Glasgow weather is confusing me right now too haha! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ah yes, the Scottish 'summer'. I've been totoally scuppered this week too. Desperate to try on my new legwarmers and fluffy scarves, but I spose we shouldn't complain. I had to search the bottom of the wardrobe for a pair of sandals, but at least I've finally gotten a chance to rock some sunnies!
    From fellow Glasgow Gal,

    MG x

    ReplyDelete
  8. you're adorable! i looove the footwear in this post :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks everyone! Kirsteen I really wanted the cream one, but they only had size 18s left when I was in! So I got this and grey, and I'm debating whether to keep the grey or take it back...

    ReplyDelete
  10. That leather studded skirt is beautiful - in fact, the whole damn outfit's beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  11. that parka is AMAZING! i want it.

    ReplyDelete
  12. loving the skirt and shoes in the last pic! Urgh, know what you mean with the Scottish weather! woke up the other day with the sun shining and by the time i walked to the train station i was completely soaked! unpredictable!

    x

    http://tantrummagazine.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  13. That second outfit is a D R E A M. Honestly: it's just perfect. Wish I could wear shirts like that :( :( :(

    ▲ WOLF WHISTLE ▲

    ReplyDelete
  14. just saw this skirt in a tv series last night, it's called Skins, it was a nice coincidence! the outfit's great and your blog\s also really great!

    ReplyDelete