Pages

Monday, 24 October 2011

i like a girl in uniform

blog 037
blog 029
dress, £14.99, and cardigan, £19.99, both h&m. shoes, topshop; necklace, asos.

So Friday was that momentous day when I finally got my 75% uniform allowance at work, cha-ching. For the last month, in the absence of uniform, I've been having to wear all black which gives me a bit of an unfortunate moody teenage goth vibe, as well as screaming I'M NEW and making me feel like something of an outcast in comparison to my colleagues. The dress above has been featuring pretty heavily, and believe me, if I could have got away with the cardigan I'd have been bundled up in it constantly. Instead it's just been accompanying me to and from work every day (thanks cardi), it is f r e e z i n g. When did this happen?!

Anyway, I'd been eyeing up this blouse since it arrived last week and knew I had to have it as soon as I put it on. Not the most practical option maybe - "delicate dry clean only", apparently. I mean, as if specifying "dry clean only" didn't imply the delicate part enough... Doesn't exactly bode well for something I'll be wearing once or twice every week, but then I've always been more of a buy now, think later kind of gal. The trousers were far more of a sensible choice -- I'm amazed at how comfortable and flattering they are already though, I can seriously see myself living in these.

blog 045
blog 073
coralie blouse, £120, and paris high-waisted cigarette pants, £89, both reiss. shoes, nine west.

14 comments:

  1. Gorgeous wee blouse love! You working in Reiss? I was in there on Friday this week doing the Herald returns. An auld wummin was trying on the biggest, pimpest fur coat you've ever seen - loved it!

    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Kirsty, yeah the Princes Square one! I'm sure I remember folk from the Herald coming in on Friday actually but I think I was with a customer at the time - probably the auld wummin trying on the giant pimp fur coat! (Gotta say I did try it on myself, made me look like a yeti though unfortch) Will keep an eye out for you in future!

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVE the Reiss stuff! Well jel~ etc. That cardigan looks so lovely and snuggly as well. I wish the weather would decide what it's doing. It keeps going from bizarrely mild to freezing cold here. x

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've been contemplating buying that dress for a while, I think I may have to go for it now! Those trousers are great too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh I miss uniform allowances so much it pains me! On the more affordable side, I love that H & M cardigan.

    Penny x

    ReplyDelete
  6. @Somewhere, definitely do, I have the nude version too and they are so comfy and easy to throw on, very wearable!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very adorable for a pseudo-goth!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such a lovely wee blouse! Wish I could afford it, you are well lucky with your staffy discount! x

    ReplyDelete
  9. God I love the blouse and cigarette trousers - so chic.

    victoriasprocrastinationproject.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Give me that blouse now, it's perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  11. ooh those reiss looks are amaazing x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Ahh the top is so lovely. I used to work for Jaeger and all my work clothes were dry clean only. It was a bit of a pain but the gorgeous clothes were sort of worth it!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow, wow, wow!! I love the dress and the blouse is stunning!!:D

    Stop by some time:D

    xxx

    Mia's Little Corner

    ReplyDelete