Pages

Saturday, 15 October 2011

mcarthur glen spirit of fashion popup shop: rachael barrett

Oops, the blog's been looking a bit sparse lately, sorry 'bout that... Real life seems to have got in the way a bit, what with finally being in gainful employment for the first time in 8 months or so. I've been working in Glasgow's Princes Square, so for the last couple of days the McArthur Glen Spirit of Fashion popup shop has been catching my eye every time I wander past. I'll be honest, the massive McArthur Glen signage in the window made me slightly sceptical (yeah, 'tevs, I'm a snob I guess) but the rest of the display looked amazing so I took a look this evening. And came back out about 15 minutes and £96 later.

It turns out McArthur Glen is the sponsor of the Spirit of Fashion awards, in conjunction with the Royal College of Art and judged by esteemed fashion types like Betty Jackson and Wendy Dagworthy. The winners are three young designers -- Matthew Miller, Carolyn Massey and Rachael Barrett, chosen to create an exclusive Spirit of Fashion collection. It's already hit London and Manchester, and the Princes Square popup shop in Glasgow is the last leg of its tour, open until 20th October. It was the Rachael Barrett collection that caught my eye, with its gorgeous neutral colours and relaxed fit. I plumped for a couple of button-up-to-the-neck shirt styles, dress and top, in black and off-white silk, but to be honest I wanted pretty much every single piece. The black pleated skirt and classic silk t-shirt were two other favourites of mine. And, best of all, I was extremely pleasantly surprised by the prices -- £50 for the top and £70 for the dress, and there was a 20% discount for the weekend only! So I highly recommend getting yourself down there tomorrow. I am thoroughly ashamed of my horrendous iPhone photography, but hey, I'm gonna post it anyway because my google skills are failing to throw up any official photos of the Glasgow store.

spiritoffashion3
spiritoffashion2
spiritoffashion1
blog 004
blog 012
blog 020
blog 017

4 comments:

  1. the dress and shirt are so nice, if only I was in Glasgow!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your blog is really good

    Take a look at mine here!

    http://lottybetty.blogspot.com/

    LB x

    ReplyDelete
  3. went in the other day - it crazy kinds of good and prices weren't too bad either. kind of wish there was a few more pieces though!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooo this all looks awesome. Love your outfit picks - lovely simple tailoring. You can't go wrong with an LBD.


    http://victoriasprocrastinationproject.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete