Pages

Friday, 25 November 2011

the party season begins

blog 027

The other day I was willfully refusing to pick up all the amazing stuff Zara has on offer at the moment, with a steely money-saving determination, until I spotted this baby. At which point all of my resolve flew out the window and the next thing I knew I was putting my card back in my purse and thanking the cashier. Oops. In case it wasn't obvious, I am a total magpie. Ooooh, gold studs (+ mustard brown colour + 100% silk + oversized = my dream top, incidentally). Which means that ~the party season~ is nigh on perfect for me, sartorially speaking. Although I laughed and nodded in recognition at Tamsin's awesome blog post recently on the mythical nature of this supposed "party season" (so far I've been invited to... my work night out, exciting), I'll take any excuse to wear sequins really. Black, gold, leather, studs, sequins and velvet all abound at this time of year and I know everyone else probably can't wait for it all to go into the sale, but I'm a sucker for shiny things. It dates all the way back to a velvet button up dress worn to my school Christmas party circa 1997 (in the lunch hall, the glamour), I don't think I'll be growing out of it any time soon. This year I'm hoping to go for a bit of a modern update, with details in blue and orange. More on my current downright obsession with orange another day, perhaps.

Untitled #16

6 comments:

  1. That top is gorgeous. Everyone loves a bit of silk. Your necklace is great too, where's that from?

    Penny x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Penny, thank you, it's from ASOS!

    ReplyDelete
  3. As a singer im always on the look out for the out of the ordinary... i love those boots ! lol .. im forever changing my look ... love the blog ! might nip into zara this week myself !
    love
    Georgette xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love it!! I want to pop into Zara now, bored of my wardrobe!

    Hmmm, the party season. It exists for me, at the restaurant where I work. Booking of 100s of people for weekend nights. I wouldn't be flicking through Vogue to get my party dress inspiration for a party in the joint that i work in though.

    The only time you can really get your festive frock on is on xmas day, where your family don't appreciate the beauty of your tastefully co-ordianted outfit.

    ReplyDelete
  5. We seem to live my the same rule! Oversize + Sequined? I'm in!
    Love your blog. x

    ReplyDelete